Friday, January 3, 2014

I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood. ~ Bill Watterson

Oh, Sweet Day Off!  After a six-day headache and both a New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at work that nearly ran dry my wells of patience and good cheer, now comes the day I can lounge in bed (finally headache-free!) with a new book--Robert Galbraith's (aka J.K. Rowling's) The Cuckoo's Calling, which I'm liking very much so far.   I cooked a few pierogies with garlic, onion, and olive oil for my lunch and am thinking vegetable or minestrone soup for supper.  Until I feel like facing what the Weather Channel is describing as 14-degree-weather-that-feels-like-1-degree-weather to head out for groceries, I am climbing back into bed with my detective story.  After a little more rest and time to myself today, I think I'll be ready to (re-)start 2014 properly.  I hope your own new year has been cozy and sweet so far. 

4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Take care:)
I am sure you will be 100% in no time..

Nellie said...

I am all for staying in with those cold temperatures! Hope you will feel fully recovered very soon! xo

Lisa said...

A six-day headache, Val! You have my sympathy - I'm glad you're better, and are snug with a good book. :)

Val said...

Thank you, Ladies. The headache's been gone for days, which is blissful, and I loved the book. I finished it Sunday night. Stay warm! xox♥