Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Club Level Center Ice, Babydolls! :)

I'd only been awake and recovering from work a few hours this afternoon when the message came from Mike: "[My boss] gave me tickets for tonight's game. Put your shoes on, Dear." :) And so I did, and I raced to write back and catch the bus downtown. I don't understand all the rules and penalties and terminology--hockey seems far less straightforward than baseball, which is the only other sport I've ever really watched much--but I enjoy it. Every time we're lucky enough to get tickets to games, we have some real characters sitting around us, making it even better, and I inevitably laugh into Mike's shoulder all night. Tonight it was Row of Experts right behind us--bellowing to the players such rare wisdom as "Hit the net! THE NET!!" all evening--and a man about our dads' age who sat in front of us and turned in his seat after the home team scored its first goal to scream "Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!" in Mike's face with his eyes crossed. The "Sam the Eagle" expression on Mike's face while the man screamed set off my first wave of giggles, and I was still bursting into intermittent giggling fits remembering it three hours later on the bus home. It was, as they say, a great night for hockey. And yes, our team won. :)

6 comments:

Carol said...

How fun! Glad you could go, and your team won (so did mine!)

Val said...

Carol, someday during a longer visit, we'll have to watch a game together so you can explain some of the things I'm missing. I kept turning to Mike and the guy beside him last night asking, "Why are they booing? Why does he have to leave? What did he do wrong? What happened?" and--sadly!--"Where's the PUCK?!" :) It's such a fast game, it's hard to keep track.

Donna said...

Val, you are so right when you said I may be missing the snow when the humidity is high and the temps even higher! Glad you had a great time at the hockey game :) I have to tell you, Stuffed is a GORGEOUS kitty! I think he and our Baby would be fast friends!... Donna

Val said...

Thank you, Donna. :) Stuffed would probably love another cat to hang out with too. :)

Kathryn said...

Looks like worth the lack of sleep! Fun!!!

Val said...

It was, indeed, Kathryn. :)